Why Desert Greens?
You're Family Here.
Desert Greens isn't just a retirement community packed with fun things to do and beautiful sights to see. Residents enjoy many activities together like community BBQs, movie nights, golfing, swimming, and cooking. At Desert Greens, you're truly a part of our family.
Hear From our Residents
Beautifully manicured 9 hole golf course, that a resident and invited guest can play all day, everyday... the decision is yours!
Endless Entertainment in Your Own Backyard.
Just a few steps from your backdoor is a spacious 6000 sq. ft. clubhouse where you and your friends can gather together to enjoy a wide variety of constant entertainment that Desert Greens offers. Besides daily scheduled activities like casino night, movie night, billiards and horseshoes tournaments, line dancing and cookouts...
But the fun doesn't stop there.
The Clubhouse Also Hosts:
- An expansive ballroom and dance floor
- Billiards room
- Exercise room
- Big-screen to & computers
- Game room/card room
- Arts & crafts lab
- Full-size kitchen
- Large lounge area & full sized library
Step outside for even more entertainment!
- Large patio w/veranda
- Swimming & exercise pool
- Heated spa
- Lawn darts
- Bocce ball
- Putting Green
- BBQ area
Top Seven Reasons
Living in Pahrump Comes with Huge Benefits.
From lower gasoline prices and insurance rates to more enjoyable weather and less traffic, you'll enjoy so many things about living here!
You're Going to Love Your New Home.
At Desert Greens, we've carefully planned and developed three beautiful models, all with an optional porches.
7 Year Warranty
Eight Elevations, Each in Ten Different Color Combinations!
Endless Features & Superb Craftsmanship.
Our homes include many upgrades right out of the box. Over-sized windows, upgraded appliances, & hardboard siding are just the beginning.
- Dramatic Cathedral Ceilings Throughout, Tape and Textured Drywall Throughout
- White Interior Passage Doors with Painted Jambs and Casings
- Beautiful Carpeting with 1/2" Pad
- Congoleum Linoleum in Kitchen, Bonus Room, Baths and Entryway (Per Plan)
- Silent Wall Switches
- Upgraded Passage Door Hardware & Heavy Duty Hinges
- Quality Designer Light Fixtures, Ceiling Lights in Guest Bedrooms
- Wired and Braced for Ceiling Fans in Living Room & Master Bedroom
- Designer Valance Package with Mini Blinds
- Hollow Core Wardrobe Doors
- Distinctive Residential Elevations
- Durable Hardboard Siding, Fiberglass Shingled Roof
- 6" Sidewall Roof Eaves and 12" End wall Overhangs
- Porch Lights at All Exterior Doors
- Residential In swing Front and Rear Doors with Deadbolt
- Oversized Windows
Kitchen and Bonus Room Features
- Maple Finished Overhead Cabinet Interiors, and Drawers Over Doors in Kitchen Base Cabinets
- Upgraded Appliances & Dishwashers
- High Pressure Laminate Kitchen Countertops with Ceramic Tile Backsplash, Stainless Steel Sink
- Wired and Plumbed for Washer & Dryer
- Utility Overhead Shelf over Washer & Dryer Area
- Single Lever Faucet with Spray
- Fiberglass Tub/Showers
- Single lever or dual handle lavatory faucets
- High-Pressure Laminate Vanity Tops with 4" Ceramic Tile Backsplash
- Vanity Mirrors with Light Bars, Recessed Medicine Cabinets
- Privacy Door Locks and Exhaust Fans
- 2 x 6 Exterior Walls with R-19 Insulation, 90" Sidewall Height
- 2 x 6 Floor Joists on 16" Centers, 2x Interior Walls on 16" Centers
- Elevated Nominal 4/12 Roof Pitch with 30 lb. Construction
- Solid Steel I-Beam Frame Construction
- Easy Access Undercarriage Drain System
- Climate Zone II Insulation with Floors R-22, Walls R-11, and Roof R-25 Minimum
- Ventilaire III Air Exchange System
- 200 Amp Electrical Service (Per National Electric Code) with Copper Wiring
- 30 Gallon Electric Water Heater, Shut Off Valves on all Water Fixtures
- Forced Air Electric Furnace with Ducts Inside Fully Sealed Basement Cavity
Home Owners Association
Dues are $140 per month and include the following:
The Desert Greens Homeowners Association is dedicated to preserving the quality of life in our community through efficient and effective management. The HOA is Managed by the Residents and overseen by an Elected Five Person Board.
More information about our HOA
- Desert Greens HOA is a self-governed community. A five (member elected) Board is elected to serve 2-Year terms. The HOA Board manages the Desert Greens Community.
- Desert Greens HOA has the following committees: Architectural, Compliance, Activities and Golf Course. All new residential homes are approved by the Architectural Committee.
- Desert Greens is an Age-Restricted Community. One resident must be at least 55-years of age. No residents under the age of 19 are allowed. Residents may have guests under the age of 19 for up to 60 days in each calendar year.
- Association Dues are $140/month and include: Water, Sewer, Trash, Maintenance of Golf Course and Grounds, Gated Security/Street Lights/Streets and Club House (Swimming Pool, Fitness Center, Library, etc.).
- The Association has Four (4) full-time Landscape Grounds Keepers.
- The Association has One (1) part-time Office Manager.
- Residents have 24-Hour access to the Club House, Pool Tables, Fitness Center & more.
- No additional Golf Course Greens Fees for Residents & Immediate Family Members. Golf Course Greens Fees for Guests = $10. No additional charge for Residents to use the Club House for private functions.
- All Homes are All Electric ‒ Electricity is provided by Valley Electric. Valley Electric is a local non-profit Co-Op service provider. Average electric bills range from $50 (Spring/Fall) and $150 (Winter/Summer).
- Wireless Internet Connection is offered through Valley Electric Co-Op. No additional charge for WiFi Connection at the Clubhouse.
- AT&T offers DSL Internet Services.
- Gated Entrance is open from 7am-5pm.
- Residents receive One (1) Gate Remote Control. Additional Gate Remote Controls are available for a small charge.
- Swimming Pool and Spa are heated by Solar Heat (May-October).
- Golf Course Irrigation Water is generated from the HOA's Water Well.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are the HOA Fees?
The $140 per month HOA Fees include: Water Service, Sewer, Trash, Unlimited Golf, Club House, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool & Spa, Security Gated Community and activities almost daily.
Is there a home warranty?
During the 1st year of ownership, the Manufacturer of Equipment and the Home Builder provide Warranty Service. 7 year top to bottom home warranty only $495.
How big are the homes?
How does the 99-Year Lease work?
All new homes at Desert Greens are sold with a 99-Year lease. You own the Home and Lease the land underneath. The 99-Year Lease is fully assumable and transferable. The lease payments start at only $350 and are tied to Social Security as an index. That means the lease amount cannot adjust more than the Social Security COLA annual adjustments. This ensures the lease payments remain affordable and predictable.
How often do I have to renew the lease?
Can I write my lease payments off on taxes?
Yes. According to IRS Rules, the lease payments can be deducted just like interest on a home loan. Always consult with your personal tax professional for up to date information.
Is there RV parking available?
RV Parking is available through the HOA for $30 per month. There are four (4) separate RV Parking areas throughout the Desert Greens Community.
How often do the HOA Fees go up?
Are dogs allowed?
Are the homes manufactured in a factory or site built?
Does everyone have to be over 55 years old?
How much is the lease?
Desert Greens has many nice lots starting at $350 per month. Golf Course View Lots are $600.
Can my grandchildren visit?
How many homes are in the community?
Pahrump - Never a Dull Moment!
Pahrump - Never a Dull Moment!
- Desert Greens
- Furnace Creek
- Mountain Falls
- Lakeview Executive
Six Local Casinos
- Mountain View Casino
- Pahrump Nugget Hotel & Gambling Hall
- Saddle West Hotel Casino & RV park
- Lakeside Casino & RV Park
- Terribles Roadhouse
- Gold Town Casino
Activities and Locations
- Skiing at Mt. Charleston
- Camping & Hiking
- Bike & horse trails
- Pahrump Valley Vineyards
Las Vegas - Less Than One Hour Away!
The Future's Bright and Sunny at Desert Greens.
- Clear & Sunny - 216 days
- Partly cloudy - 84 days
- Rainy & Sunny - 65 days
- Humidity - 29%
- Annual rainfall - 4.7 inches
Say "Yes" to "No Tax" Living!
Take advantage of the tax benefits of living in Pahrump. Almost nowhere else in the nation does the local government ask for so little.
Nye County / Pahrump Taxes
- No State Income Tax
- No State Inheritance Tax
- No Estate Tax
- No Corporate Tax
- No Franchise Tax
- No Inventory Tax
- No Interstate Tax
- No Service Sales Tax
- No Construction Tax
- No Source Tax
- 7.6% Sales Tax
Here's to Good Health.
Your Favorite Brands at Your Doorstep.
Your Favorite Brands at Your Doorstep.
You'll Love Retirement at Desert Greens.
Welcome to Pahrump
Cost of Living
The Good Life
Champion Homes Quality
Desert Greens Community
Time to Downsize?
New Home Warranty
Late Night TV
Golf Course Home
Pahrump Is A Nice Place
Home Builders Make $$
Health Care Halloween
"As homeowners here, we have and still love Desert Greens! Stop by the Model Homes and enjoy a tour. It is a wonderful place to live!"
"I think its great to have things to do and every one is so kind and helpful."
"Wonderful place to retire. Everything and every one are great, I love it."
"Best retirement community in the Southwest."
"It's not a community, it's family."
"Best community I have ever lived in."
"My golf is getting better."
"We love it here."